Sunday 20 May 2012

What's in the banner?


Ah, I'm so glad you asked. Over the next few weeks and months, I'm sure you'll see the blog layout change quite a bit. Meanwhile, I posted the banner above to whet your appetites for what's to come!

The first project I'm going post is a tutorial showing you how to make your very own Shimmering Beach Bag based on this adorable one from Free People. I'm making the blue version! All the bits and pieces were ordered off of ebay, and the total cost of this project is going to come in well under £20. It retails for £68 and $98!

Next up will be an open-weave summer scarf made from a cotton/linen blend inspired by the Gap. Don't expect massive savings here, especially since everything at the Gap goes on mega-sale after a while. But I've been meaning to make an infinity scarf for about 5 years. Here's my chance!

I can't for the life of me figure out what stitch has been used to create this meshy Zadig & Voltaire top, but I'll come up with something similar. 

And lastly, I'll be deconstructing (figuratively, not literally of course!) this little beauty by Chloe...ah! What? Where are all the accents on this computer? Okay, please bear with me while I find the accent codes. I'm not proposing to make this whole sweater, but I'm intrigued by the stitch on the sleeves and back and might use something similar to make yet another scarf!

I'm off to knit and to enjoy a Sunday away from the computer. Hope y'all do the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment