Monday 4 June 2012

Jubilee Weekend in London


We decided to escape the beautiful countryside of Somerset to brave the jubilant crowds of East London this weekend. But it seems that most London made a dash for the coast to celebrate the long holiday. And it's great! There are hardly any crowds on the tube. I didn't have to elbow my way around shops on Oxford Street. There are no long queues for the toilet in any pub. If London had been this pleasantly empty when I lived here for four years, I might not have left!

The collage above represents the highlights from the weekend. From left to right, top to bottom: jellied eels at Broadway Market; a jubilee window display; the queen on a long boat; cider at The Dove; fennel at Taste of Kerala in Stoke Newington; trendy bikes on a Regent's Canal; Mr. T puzzle c/o our friends at Saturday brunch; The Cat and Mutton; Shoreditch on the tow path. I hope you had a great weekend! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment