Tuesday 5 June 2012

Vintage Knitwear from Penny Dreadful

I've been to fancy weddings before, but nothing has topped that of my husband's cousins last year at Home House. The dress code was black tie, and I was ecstatic to have the opportunity to put an appropriate outfit together. Unfortunately, I haven't found any photos of the day, but I wore an long black evening gown with a cowl neck and low back. I pinned my hair in a low chignon and added a burgundy fascinator - because now that I live in England, I wear a fascinator every time I get the chance!

For a pop of shimmer, I sought out a pair of gold shoes and was delighted to come across a pair in nearly new condition on esty courtesy of Penny Dreadful. Margaret gave me top rate service, and I've had her on my mind since my last purchase. Wondering how and if her business was growing, I decided to look her up, and I'm very happy to report that things are looking bright for Penny Dreadful. Having closed her etsy shop, Margaret now trades from her own website. I'm particularly taken with her vintage knitwear collection. Enjoy!

Vintage 1960s deadstock aqua green wool embroidered cardigan with covered buttons medium to large  (6)
1960's Cardi

Vintage 50s or 40s cream wool knit skirt and beaded cardigan ensemble suit small to medium (10)
Vintage Kimberly
Vintage 50s crochet lace pointelle short sleeve knit top small to medium
1950's lace

No comments:

Post a Comment