Monday 17 September 2012

Woolly Hat for the Winter



This week I'm going to spend some time updating my Ravelry project gallery. This is something I've been meaning to do for quite some time, but for some reason or another, in the last few years I just haven't been disciplined enough to take pictures of my projects when they're finished. Now that I'm blogging, I think it's a great time to update Ravelry and share my projects with you, dear readers.

The first project is a woolly cabled hat based on the Utopia Cable Hat by Smariek. This project is particularly special to me because I made it for Olly a couple of months after we started dating in September 2009. Three years later, we've been married for a year and the hat has held up wonderfully! Now let me be clear that I am not the kind of girl who would normally make a boyfriend a gift only a couple of months into dating. But then I'm also not the kind of girl to have a boyfriend, so all the rules were thrown out the window and caution was thrown to the wind when I fell for Olly. Plus, he asked me to knit him something! I think he must have figured out early on that it he were going to spend a lot of time with a knitter, he might as well benefit from it. Clever guy.

The pattern is really easy to follow, and it's a great introduction to cabling if you've never done it before. I actually bought the Rowan Colourscape Chunky wool before identifying which pattern to use because the colourway was exactly what Olly had asked for. The wool was a dream to work with, and it's held up to three years of abuse, washing, stretching, and reshaping. It's love!


No comments:

Post a Comment